Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Psy’s Interview with “Time” Magazine: “I Want to Become More Famous Than My Video”

Go to site

Psy has recently been interviewed by the famous “Time” magazine.


Psy’s interview in “Time” appeared in the most recent issue in the culture section and held a series of questions involving the craze around Psy’s “Gangnam Style” in America.


When asked about his future plans, Psy answered, “When I tell people that I’m Psy, they go ‘Psy? Oh that YouTube video guy!’ But I don’t like that,” and “I need to become more famous than my video. So I need to continuously promote myself.”


Psy continued, “I don’t want to become a person who represents my country like an athlete. I’m just an artist,” and “But because everything I do right now is a first for Korean culture, I am trying to be on my best behavior.”


Previously, an article on Psy was also published on the Time Newsfeed website in August. Meanwhile, Psy is preparing for a free concert in front of Seoul’s city hall on October 4.