Monday, July 1, 2013

EXO’s Suho Clears Up Rumors of Being a Chaebol and Reveals High Ranking in School

Go to site

EXO‘s Suho has recently revealed his school ranking and cleared up rumors of being a chaebol.


On July 1, EXO’s Suho, Chanyeol, Chen, Kai and Luhan along with Ivy were guests for Mnet’s “Beatles Code 2,” where they shared various stories.


During the episode, the MCs asked Suho, “They say that you’re a chaebol-dol,” to which Suho answered, “That’s a misunderstanding.” But then, Kai added, “His hobby is to go golfing.”


(Author side note: a “chaebol” is a wealthy conglomerate and in Korea, golfing is almost exclusively enjoyed by only wealthy people.)


After Kai’s comment, the MCs quickly asked, “Where do you live? What do your parents do?” Then Suho answered, “I live in Apgujung. I live next to Choi Siwon‘s apartment. My father is a professor and my mother is a housewife but she used to be a teacher.”


Finally, when Suho was asked, “Didn’t your parents oppose you becoming a singer?” he answered, “I studied and practiced at the same time. I was in the top 50 of my entire school.”


070113 exo suho


The post EXO’s Suho Clears Up Rumors of Being a Chaebol and Reveals High Ranking in School appeared first on Soompi.