Sunday, April 21, 2013

Nichkhun Sheds Tears While Apologizing for Drunk Driving Accident in 2012

Go to site

2PM’s Nichkhun shed tears while apologizing for his drunk driving accident last year in 2012. 2PM held a “Legend of 2PM” concert that housed 11,000 from April 20-21. On the last day of the concert, Nichkhun brought up his drunk driving accident and apologized to fans.


He stated, “I am sorry to the fans. I am really sorry and thank you. I really missed you.”


During the press conference for the concert he stated, “Last year there was an unfortunate incident and I admit that I was in the wrong. Anyone can make mistakes, but it is bad if someone repeats their mistakes. Last mistake was very stupid and I won’t do something like that again.”


Nichkhun continued, “I was very sorry to my fellow 2PM members, the JYP family, and my fans. When we comeback in May I will show a more mature side so please anticipate it. Since 2PM will be coming back in South Korea after 2 years, we will be a part of many variety shows and broadcasts. I really miss the Korean fans.”


Nichkhun ended with, “I didn’t have the opportunity to talk about the incident. I always wanted to express my apology to the fans in person. I had this opportunity through the Tokyo Dome concert.”


On July 24, 2012 at 2:30AM KST, Nichkhun was involved in a car accident in Gangnam. It’s been reported that the singer had been under the influence of alcohol when he crashed into a motorcycle. His BAC measured at 0.056%, and his license was suspended. Nichkhun had been on his way to his dormitory after having two glasses of beer with his fellow JYP labelmates following a rehearsal.


However, according to the Gangnam Police Station, no one was seriously injured, and both completed their insurance protocols following the incident.


The post Nichkhun Sheds Tears While Apologizing for Drunk Driving Accident in 2012 appeared first on Soompi.